Dr. Boniface Wambua
Boniface Wambua is a board member and chairman of Establishment, Abolition of Offices and Recruitment and selection (EARS) Committee. Boniface Wambua holds B.Ed, M.A (Kenyatta university), and PhD (University of Nairobi) He has good interpersonal skills and self driven personality. Dr Wambua is a dynamic and competent scholar with a lot of wealth of experience in teaching, training, administration and research skills at university level for over 20 years.
He is a senior lecturer and researcher at university of Nairobi. Dr Wambua has published widely in reputable international journals and participated in several workshops, conferences and seminars at international, regional and national levels as key player. In addition he has been involved in consultancy work in several National and Regional research projects funded by International Organizations, Regional organizations and Government Ministries/Parastatals. He brings to the Board wealth of experience in public administration, resource management and governance and public policy issues.
His duties as board member and chair of EARS committee includes:
- Spearheading development and implementation of County recruitment and selection policies, promotion policy among other policies related to the mandate of the committee
- Reviewing and approving departmental structures and job descriptions submitted to the board by relevant departments.
- Reviewing recruitment requests from departments in line with approved structures and staffing levels
- Ensure declared vacancies are advertised in high circulation print and electronic media
- Prepare guiding notes and selection criteria for short listing of applicants
- Ensure shortlisting of candidates is done according to the laid down procedures and advert requirements
- Preparation of interview schedule interviews, constitution of interview panels and invite resource persons required by the board.
- Preparation of interview tool/questions and ensure all candidates shortlisted are communicated through the office
- Constitute the interview panel and invite panelists
- Undertake/guide the interviews
- Ensure selection of best candidates is done according to the laid down regulations and all candidates are informed accordingly.
- Ensure the applicants database is regularly updated
- Ensure employees are confirmed to positions upon completion of the probation period and renew employment contracts including casuals.
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of the recruitment and selection process
- Develop and submit quarterly reports to the Board on EARS activities
- Evaluate organizational structure of departments and advise on optimal staffing levels
- Advise the departments on redeployment and re-designations of officers, Job group of varies cadres