Chairman – Makueni County Public Service Board
Mr. Mutie is the Chairman – Makueni County Public Service Board; a body corporate charged with the sole responsibility of steering policy formulation and implementation and the management of human capital within the county. Mr. Mutie is a self-motivated person who believes in Human resource capacity development through training. Mr. Mutie went to the University of Nairobi for his Bachelor of Arts Degree from the 1986 to 1989. He proceeded for his Master of Arts Degree from the same university from 1990 – 1992.
Before joining the County Public Service Board; Mr. Mutie was the Director of Programmes at the Kenya Institute of Social Work a leading Institution of Social Work and Community Development in Kenya. He has also worked in several Community based Development organizations in Kenya and within the Eastern region as a Trainer and a Consultant. He is the Current president of the ICSW East and southern Africa region as well as chair of many other organizations.
His duties as Chairman includes:
- Being the strategic leader of the Board
- Chairing the County Public Service Board meetings.
- Provision of policy direction relating to the County Public Service Board’s mandates and its objects.
- Steering policy formulation and implementation on the management of human capital within the county.
- Ensuring that the County Public Service Board executes its mandate in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the County Public Service Board arrives at clear decisions and full participation of its members.
- Overseeing the County Public Service Board’s Strategies and Plans for future including direction of policy.
- Developing the Board’s key relationships with County Government and other stakeholders.
- Communicating the role of County Public Service Board to the stakeholders.
- Ensuring the County Public Service Board and its members operate in accordance with best practice and principles of governance and standards in public life.
- Ensuring the County Public Service Board effectively fulfills its statutory objectives, general functions and duties and appropriately exercises its legal power.
- Ensuring decisions of the County Public Service Board are implemented appropriately.
- Participating in the supervision and management of the County Public Service Board members and secretariat.
- Fulfilling the duties of being a representative and the spokesperson of the Board.