Access to Government Procurement Opportunities
- In 2013, His Excellency the president Uhuru Kenyatta directed that the procurement rules be amended to allow thirty percent of contracts to be given to the youth, women and PWDs without competition from established firms.
- According to Public Procurement to disposal preference and preservations amendment regulations 2013, it states that any procuring entity shall allocate at least thirty percent of its procurement spend for the purposes of procuring goods, works and services from micro and small enterprises owned by youth, women and PWD.
- For the purposes of implementing this affirmative action, the County Government of Makueni under the leadership of His Excellency Professor Kivutha Kibwana has embarked on sensitization and actualization of this affirmative action through its budgets, procurement plans, tender notices and contract awards.
- The Public Procurement and disposed (preference and reservations) Regulations, shall apply to procurement by public entities when soliciting tenders from the following target groups;
- Disadvantaged Groups (Youth, Women and PWDs and other Marginalized Groups)
- Small Enterprises
- Micro Enterprises
- Citizen Contractors
- Local Contractors
For the purpose of benefitting from preference and the reservation scheme in Makueni County, an enterprise owned by Youth, Women, Persons Living with Disability and other Marginalized groups shall fill an application form (Click to download) as well as attach the following copies and drop the forms at the County Headquarters situated at Wote, 1 Km off Makindu – Wote road.
- Copy(ies) of Identity Card(s)/Passport(s)
- Copy of Business registration certificate / Certificate of incorporation
- Copy of Pin/VAT certificate
- Copy of Tax Compliance Certificate
- Partnership Deed for partnership business
- Memorandum/Articles of association and CR12 mandatory (Originals required for verification) for registered company.
- For construction category – Letter / Certificate from the National Construction Authority, Energy Regulatory Commission or any other Authorized Public Technical Body.
Members of the public during a sensitization training session in Kaiti Sub-county.
Sensitization forum on Access to Government Procurement Opportunities(AGPO)