Department of Education and ICT
MINISTER - RUTH MUTINDI KYATHA
- Supervision of ECDE curriculum implementation
- Assessing growth, monitoring and development in ECDE children
- Collection of data for purposes of equitable distribution of resources
- Capacity building for ECDE teachers
- Bettering the physical environment of the ECDE children through construction of classes and provision of outdoor play equipment.
- Enhancing hygiene by provision of clean water
County Technical Training Institutes (CTTIs)
The mandate of the County technical training institutes is management of all County training institutes in the County Government. Specifically the directorate deals with the following;
- Management of Technical Training Institutes including Youth Polytechnics by implementation of policies, development of policy guidelines, rules and regulations
- Implement programmes supported by various development partners.
- Supervision and Administration of management of Youth Polytechnic Training Staff
- Implement Quality Assurance and Standards (QAS) recommendations to improve quality and standards
- Promote ICT integration and Youth Innovations
- Management of Instructors and development of the human resource in the technical institutes
- Carry out research on education and training for Youth Polytechnics and disseminate research findings
Support To Education
The Mandate of Support to Education is to ensure scholarships and bursaries are awarded in a timely and fair manner, to the needy pupils across the County who are in secondary, universities, colleges and technical training institutes.
The ICT Applications Section provides value added services in the government for increased efficiency, effectiveness and transparency, through the development and implementation of ICT solutions. Utilization of software applications and systems in key areas like public participation, health, tourism, agriculture, education, and e-commerce.
Telecommunications And Networks
The telecommunications and networks section deals with installation, configuration and maintenance of telecommunication equipment, wireless networks, and LAN/WANs.
ICT Technical Support
This section is involved in installation, configuration and maintenance of computer systems, specifications design and basic user training
ICT Projects & Capacity Building
This section is charged with management of County ICT Centers, community and staff ICT training.