Justus K. Kisilu holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Moi University specializing in Finance and Banking and a Diploma in Personnel Management. He is a Certified Public Secretary of Kenya (CPSK) and a member of Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK) as well as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) graduate. He has previously practised as a Company Secretary and has a lot of experience in Company secretarial practise and Corporate Governance. Justus has also been involved in administrative duties as well financial management at different levels.
His Duties and Responsibilities as the Secretary and Chief Executive Officer of the Board include:
- Managing day-to-day operations of the Board and secretariat and providing strategic leadership and direction towards the achievement of the Board’s Vision, Mission and strategy
- Preparing and Circulating Board Notices/Agendas for meetings, attending Board Meetings and taking minutes thereof
- Communicating and implementing the decisions of the Board
- Advising the Board on good corporate governance practices
- Managing the Board’s resources within budget guidelines and ensuring adherence to the set limits
- Preparing the Board’s budget in accordance with the laid down procedures and policies.
- Spearheading sensitization of public service on the adherence of public service values, principles and ethics.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant statutory regulations
- Ensuring preparation and timely submission of reports to the Board and the necessary authorities.
- Custodian of the Board’s Assets
- Reviewing and advising the Board on performance management