JOB VACANCIES – DEPARTMENT OF LANDS, MINING, PHYSICAL PLANNING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
- MEMBERS OF WOTE MUNICIPALITY: 4 POSTS
Pursuant to the Provision of Section 14 of the Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2011, Makueni County Public Service Board invites applications from qualified persons for the position of members of Wote Municipal Board (4 posts). The members of the board shall hold office for a term of five years on part time basis.
Functions of the Board
- Oversee the affairs of the Municipality;
- Develop or adopt policies, plans, strategies and programmes and set targets for service delivery;
- Formulate and implement an integrated development plan;
- Control land, land sub-division, land development and zoning by public and private sectors for any purpose, including industry, commerce, markets, shopping and other employment centers, residential areas, recreational areas, parks, entertainment, passenger transport, agriculture, and freight and transit stations within the framework of the spatial and master plans for the Municipality as delegated by the County Government of Makueni;
- Promoting and undertaking infrastructural development and services within Municipality as delegated by the County Government of Makueni;
- Developing and managing schemes, including site development in collaboration with the relevant national and county agencies;
- Maintaining a comprehensive database and information system of the administration;
- Administering and regulating its internal affairs;
- Implementing applicable national and county legislation;
- Entering into contracts, partnerships or joint ventures as it may consider necessary for the discharge of its functions;
- Monitoring and, where appropriate, regulating municipal services where those services are provided by service providers other than the Board of the Municipality;
- Preparing and submitting its annual budget estimates to the relevant County Treasury for consideration and submission to the County Assembly for approval as part of the annual County Appropriation Bill;
- Collecting rates, taxes levies, duties, fees and surcharges on fees as delegated by the County Government of Makueni;
- Settling and implementing tariff, rates and tax and debt collection policies as delegated by the County Government of Makueni;
- Monitoring the impact and effectiveness of any services, policies, programs or plans;
- Establishing, implementing and monitoring performance management systems;
- Promoting a safe and healthy environment;
- Facilitating and regulating public transport
- Performing such other functions as delegated by the County Government of Makueni or as may be provided for by any written law.
Requirements for appointments as a member of Wote Municipality Board
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Preferably have a degree in a field relevant to Municipal administration from a recognized University.
- Must be an ordinary resident or has a permanent dwelling in Makueni County
- Must be carrying business in Makueni County or
- Must have lived in Makueni County for at least five years.
NB: Proof of requirements in (1) (3) (4) and (5) is mandatory.
Note: The four (4) members will be part of a nine (9) member board. The other five (5) will be appointed as prescribed by section 13 (2) of Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2011.
- MUNICIPAL MANAGER – WOTE MUNICIPALITY
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 28 of the Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2011, as read with section 59 (1) and (2) of the County Governments Act, 2012, the Board invites applications from qualified persons to fill the position of MUNICIPAL MANAGER for the WOTE MUNICIPALITY.
Terms of Service
Three (3) year renewable contract based on performance.
Shall be as prescribed by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Municipal Manager
- Prepare and present for approval of the Board of the Municipality, an annual estimate of revenue and expenditure to fund and carry out the programmes and operations of the Board;
- Be principally responsible for building and maintaining a strong alliance and effective working relationships between the Board of the Municipality and the civil society, private sector and community based organizations;
- Implement the decisions and functions of the Board;
- Enforce the provisions of the Makueni Municipal Charter and County legislation and other applicable laws;
- Prepare and administer the annual municipality budget;
- Organize Departmental structures and develop an administrative structure;
- Appoint, supervise and remove municipality employees;
- Administer municipality utilities and property; and
- Perform other duties as directed by the Board of the Municipality.
- Be a citizen of Kenya
- Hold a degree from a university recognized in Kenya or its equivalent
- Have served and had proven experience in administration or management either in public or private sector for a term of at least five years.
- Have served and had proven experience in administration or management either in public or private sector for a term of at least five years
- Working experience of not less than five (5) years in a senior management position
- Must be Member of a Professional Body
How to apply:
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card clearly indicating the position applied on the ENVELOPE should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to the undersigned by close of the business on or before 19th June, 2018.
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 49 – 90300
Or hand delivered at the County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute.
ALL candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer and Women, persons with disability, the youth and people from marginalized groups who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
JOB VACANCY – DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Makueni County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following vacant position as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
MEDICAL SPECIALIST II – PAEDEATRICIAN (1 POST).
Terms of Service: – PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE
Salary: – Job Group P
Salary Scale: – KSH. 81,940 X 4,100 – 86,040 X 4,300 – 90,340 X 4,510 – 94,850 X 4,750 – 99,600 X 4,980 – 104,580 X 5,220 – 109,800 p.m.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing all the recommendations;
- Clerking, investigating, and managing patients;
- Conducting weekly clinic days;
- Managing health facilities at various tiers in communities;
- Responding intern calls;
- Training, supervising and mentoring medical officers (intern) and other students;
- Undertaking medical diagnosis, care and treatment;
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to benefit the customer and service provider;
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention, and control;
- Carrying out health education and promotions and preparing medical reports.
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have:
- Served as a Senior Medical Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Master’s degree in Pediatrics and Child Health from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Valid Practicing License from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Friday, 22nd June, 2018.
- All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
For enquiries Call 0202026751 or Email: email@example.com