Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service. The Board inviting applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES
Chief Executive Officer/General Manager:- Makueni Fruits Development and Marketing Authority – 1 POST
Terms of Service:- Three (3) years contract
Reports to:-Board of Directors
Salary:- Job Group R
Salary scale:- KSH. 115,290 X 5,770 – 121,060 X 6,050 – 127,110 X 6,240 – 133,350 X 6,420 – 139,770 X 6,610 – 146,380 X 6,790 – 153,170 p.m.
The Makueni Fruit Development and Marketing Authority is established vide an Act of the Makueni County Assembly (Makueni County Fruit Development and Marketing Authority Act (Makueni Acts No. 3 of 2017) with the mandate to administer the fruit sub-sector and value addition including the administration of fruit processing and its infrastructure in the County.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will provide high profile leadership, vision, guidance and strategic direction for the programs and personnel of the Makueni Fruits Development and Marketing Authority (MFDMA) and Makueni Fruit Processing Plant (MFPP). He/she will facilitate and lead management efforts to achieve the mission and goals of the MFDMA and MFPP as approved by the Board of Directors. The Chief Executive Officer shall be specifically responsible for all management operations, business affairs and custody of Assets; shall manage and direct all activities of the Authority as prescribed by the Board; and serve as the Secretary to the Board and Head of MFPP.
Duties and responsibilities
The specific Duties and Responsibilities shall include:
- Development and implementation of strategic initiatives in furtherance of Authority vision and mission.
- Providing leadership and direction to the Makueni Fruit Processing Plant in all areas of responsibility including planning, administration, production, processing, packaging, quality assurance, maintenance, warehousing, shipping, purchasing, safety, and environmental protection.
- Representing Makueni County Fruit Development and Marketing Authority in all Public Participation Forums, consultations and meetings with stakeholders, Development Partners, and attending to any matters of the Makueni County Government the Authority is called to undertake.
- Executing the responsibilities and powers of the Chief Executive Officer as stipulated in the Makueni County Fruit Development and Marketing Authority Act, and as may be necessary to achieve the Authority’s objectives; which broadly cover the regulation of the fruit development and marketing in Makueni County, the management of the Makueni Fruit Processing Plant, and developing a sustainable fruit value chain;
- Developing and carrying out long term strategy, business plans, and annual operating plans and budgets, and establishing internal monitoring, controls and procedures;
- Coordinating and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Board;
- Ensuring effective communication between MCFDMA/MFPP management and the Board as well as between different levels of management;
- Providing leadership to the employees;
- Attending to personnel matters including organizational structures, appointments, welfare, training, industrial relations, separation and effective management succession plans;
- Ensuring continuous improvements in the quality and value of services and products provided by the authority;
- Ensuring continuous achievements of the authority’s financial and operating goals and objectives;
- Overseeing and ensuring implementation of corporate policies and programs;
- Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining, and motivating employees;
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship;
- Ensuring compliance with laws of the Country and the County;
- Overseeing daily administrative functions such as fiscal planning, budgetary oversight, and human resources for the MFPP;
- Overseeing the manufacturing function and facilities of MFPP, including processing, storage/warehousing, transportation, and marketing of MFPP and associated products;
- Ensuring continual development and compliance with appropriate regulations, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and good manufacturing practices (GMP’s) for all aspects of the business;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Agricultural Sciences, Business, Economics, Engineering or related discipline;
- MBA in strategic management or equivalent;
- A minimum of 10 years’ post qualification working experience;
- Over 3 years’ experience in leading a senior team either as a head of a large business division, or overall responsibility for a medium sized food, beverage or juice processing plant;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Good understanding and appreciation of the fruit and fruit processing value chain and its challenges;
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of regulatory laws in the fruit sector as well as processing, packing and general facility standards;
- Thorough understanding of budgeting and cost control;
- Proven track record of improved results in the areas of quality, safety, service and cost control;
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills;
- Ability to have an organization-wide perspective and understand how the business operates;
- Ability to understand the vision of the organization and translate it into specific plans and actions that achieve desired results;
- Must be a strong executor who has the ability to assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change;
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the Authority, and external stakeholders;
- Ability to successfully influence peers and senior leadership;
- Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Wednesday, 23rd May, 2018.
- All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, both Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
For enquiries Call 0202026751 or Email: email@example.com